Vijay Rupani made the announcement at a press conference
- The Gujarat government will provide incentive of up to Rs 10,000 per kWh for EVs
- The govt. will offer further subsidies on all FAME II-eligible vehicles
- Commercial public EV charging stations will be eligible for 25 percent capital subsidy
As per the new EV policy, the Gujarat government will provide incentive of up to Rs 10,000 per kWh for electric vehicles. The maximum ex-factory price to avail incentive for electric two-wheelers will be up to Rs 1.5 lakh, up to Rs 5 lakh for electric three-wheelers and Rs 15 lakh for electric four-wheelers (personal and commercial), respectively.
Under the scheme, the government is targeting a total of 2,00,000 EVs which include 1,10,000 e-two-wheelers; 70,000 e-three-wheelers and 20,000 e-four-wheelers.
The government says all FAME II-eligible vehicles will be eligible for availing the benefits with a subsidy cap of 40 percent on the retail price of the vehicle. This means a maximum cap of Rs 1.50 lakh for electric four-wheelers, Rs 50,000 for L5 electric three-wheelers and Rs 20,000 for electric two-wheelers. The incentive will be over and above the FAME II subsidy, which will make the cost of an electric two-wheeler (up to 2kW) cheaper by almost Rs 50,000.
The subsidy will be provided under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode from the State Transport Department after verifying the document for the purchase of the vehicle.
Furthermore, the government has also announced that commercial public EV charging stations for two-, three- and four-wheelers will be eligible for 25 percent capital subsidy on equipment/machinery (limited up to Rs 10 lakh per station) for the first 250 commercial public EV charging stations. All housing and commercial establishments will be needed to provide ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) to its members who wish to install charging stations with designated parking spaces. Gujarat government will also forego electricity duty on EV charging stations during the policy period.
- Everyone gets equal opportunity to invest in the state of Gujarat.
- Let’s start a new policy today
- Electric vehicles are used by more people
- The announcement was made to reduce petrol-diesel consumption
- Electric vehicles reduce pollution.
- The purpose of becoming an electric vehicle for the people is important.
- The government emphasizes two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers
- This policy will prevent 6 lakh carbon emissions
- 20 thousand for two wheeler, 50 thousand for three wheeler and one and a half lakh for four wheeler.
- A charging station will be set up to charge the vehicle
- The government will also subsidize charging stations
- For this, different hotels are considering charging options
- Charging stations will be set up at 500 places
- The government currently wants to start with 1.25 lakh two-wheelers, 75,000 rickshaws and 25,000 cars.
- The subsidy will be subsidized per kilowatt
- Currently 250 charging stations have been sanctioned and 250 will be provided going forward
- Battery swapping stations will be promoted
- The state government has made the announcement more generously than other states.
- Gujarat will be the first state to provide subsidy
- Along with Maruti, three Japanese companies will also start production
- Some cool things about ACKO
- ✓ We are proud to have 4.5 Crore Indians as customers
- ✓ 95% of our customers have rated our service with 5 Stars on Facebook/Google reviews
- ✓ We were ranked World’s 8th best InsurTech firm
• The pleasure of connecting with strangers and talking for hours about where your claim is stuck, because all our processes are automated. 🙂
What you get with the ACKO app
• Health insurance
• Commission-free plans at incredibly low premiums
• Exclusive discounts on insurance
• Easy claims management: Tap-Upload-Done