PM-SYM : A pension scheme for unorganised Workers, Government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganised workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) to ensure old age protection for Unorganised Workers.
- Must be an unorganised worker
- Must be between 18 and 40 years old
- Your monthly income must be below Rs 15000
- Must not have any EPF, NPS or ESIC registrations
- subscriber should not be an income tax payer.
- subscriber Must have Aadhaar card and Savings Bank Account or a Jan Dhan account
- Each subscriber under the PM-SYM, shall receive minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the subscriber shall be entitled to receive 50% family pension.
PM-SYM : Entry Age Specific Monthly Contribution
How to Apply PM-SYM
Step 1: Interested eligible person shall visit nearest CSC centre.
Step 2: Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
Aadhaar Card, Savings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
Step 4: The VLE will key-in the Aadhaar number, Name of subscriber and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
Step 5: The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
Step 6: Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
Step 7: System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Subscriber.
Step 8: Subscriber will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
Step 9: Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the subscriber. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
Step 10: A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed.
Q. 1 : What is Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana? : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan is a voluntary and contributory Pension Scheme for Unorganized Workers for entry age of 18 to 40 years with monthly income of Rs.15000 or less.
Q. 2 : Who can subscribe this Scheme? : Any unorganized worker
Q. 3 : How much pension would be received under the Scheme? At what age? : Per Month 3000 Age of 60