What Is Digilocker? How To Create Digilocker Account And Where You Can Use It?
Digital Locker Digital Locker or DigiLocker DigiLocker may be a quite virtual locker, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in July 2015. DigiLocker was launched under the Digital India campaign. To open a DigiLocker account, you want to have an Aadhaar card. In DigiLocker, citizens of the country can store any government certificate with PAN card, Voter ID, Passport etc.
How to create an account on DigiLocker?
- First attend digilocker.gov.in or digitallocker.gov.in.
- After this, click on check in on the proper .
- A new page will open where enter your mobile number.
- After this DigiLocker will send an OTP to the mobile number you’ve got entered.
- After this set your username and password.
- Now you’ll use DigiLocker.
You can also use DigiLocker app by downloading it from Android’s Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.According to the DigiLocker website, DigiLocker has 130 million registered users thus far . So far, 1 crore 90 lakh documents are uploaded on DigiLocker and about 6.6 lakh documents are eSigned.How to upload documents in DigiLocker?
- Log on to DigiLocker.
- Go to the Uploaded Documents on the left and click on Upload.
- Write a quick description about the document.
- Then click on the upload button.
- On DigiLocker, you’ll store your driver’s license etc. documents along side the marksheet of your 10th, 12th, graduation etc. confine mind that you simply can upload only documents of maximum 50MB and you’ll also upload documents by creating a folder.
Recently, the Central Transport Department issued a directive to the traffic police, saying that DigiLocker’s documents also will be valid for verification. Earlier, Indian Railways also accepted the documents of DigiLocker for verification. you’ll show the documents of DigiLocker at the time of verification during traffic police, rail journey.
DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. The DigiLocker website can be accessed at https://digitallocker.gov.in/
You can now access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile devices.